Assisting and Representing for over 43 Years
Jim has been assisting and representing employers for over 43 years.
His experience has included training managers and supervisors in the areas of:
- Sexual harassment
- Hiring and firing practices
- Negligent Hiring
- Negligent Supervision
- Negligent Retention
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Fair Employment & Housing Act
- Wage and Hour
- Personnel policies, Practices, and procedures
- Violence in the workplace
Representation before the:
- California Unemployment Appeals Board
- The Department of Labor Standards Enforcement
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- The Department of Fair Employment & Housing
Jim has helped employers navigate employment relationships and has kept managers and supervisors informed about changes in the law with a weekly blog of over 10 years including a podcast and radio show thereby minimizing the high cost of litigation.
As an expert witness, Jim can review and analyze documents, deposition and testimony transcripts, personnel handbooks, payroll records, interrogatories, and other discovery materials in search of favorable and unfavorable facts and evidence pertinent to the defense of the case.
There are often extremely short time limitations whereby defense counsel needs a relatively quick response and consultation regarding a particular fact or issue. Jim is extremely cognizant of these needs and responds in a like manner and is available beyond the normal business hours including weekends. View Jim’s Curriculum Vitae for your perusal.
Jim has worked with law firms in and out of California including Ohio, Texas, Arizona, Illinois, Colorado, and New York.